Go Back   Ever Grande City Forums > Pokémon Gaming Discussions > Skyarrow Bridge

Notices

Old April 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Your Viciousness

Sting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the CelestialSting Eucliffe the Celestial
Send a message via Yahoo to Sting Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Sting Eucliffe Send a message via twitter to Sting Eucliffe

I didn't mind it, it made the game more challenging in terms of making your team. I even kept my same team of new pokemon after I cleared the story line because they grew on me :3

I'll resurrect it here and now!
ichikawa zanakurou
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:52 AM
gold gloves :: black eye

Shapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the CelestialShapeshifter the Celestial
Send a message via Skype™ to Shapeshifter Send a message via twitter to Shapeshifter

I prefer it tbh, it gave me time to grow accustomed to having a team full of Pokemon I've never used and known before. Now I like Gen V Pokemon slightly more than the others. xDDDD
Old April 22nd, 2012, 02:49 AM
I'll fake you out

AWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-ClubAWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-ClubAWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-ClubAWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-ClubAWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-ClubAWsquared has been recognized by the Pokémon Fan-Club

I didn't like the idea at first but it grew on me. It made me learn more about the new Pokemon and appreciate them more. I even got some new favorites like Scrafty , Braviary, and Hydregion.

"I'm so afraid of what you have to say. Cause I am quiet now and silence gives you space.".
BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr PC |Instagram |
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Andy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo cooooolAndy must think they're soooo coooool

It was quite pleasant, playing through a fresh game as opposed to one where all that was changed was the location.
Old June 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Baby, you're my drug <3

North the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the DivineNorth the Divine
Send a message via Skype™ to North

I thought it was fresh and helped others get "into" the game by using the region's Pokemon only, although I was disappointed at first...I got used to it later on. Did like Unova's better than the pokemon that appeared after you beat the game though.
Old June 19th, 2012, 05:01 PM
what has been seen

Daikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the LegendaryDaikenki the Legendary
Send a message via twitter to Daikenki

I liked the concept, cos it gives you a new experience every time.

Hikamaru @ PC
Pokemon Showdown
Twitter // Tumblr
Pairs // a.k.a. Hikari
Ask Me Anything!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Adamant and Lustrous

HeartDiamond SoulPearl is gaining experienceHeartDiamond SoulPearl is gaining experience

I found the idea alright at first but started to miss the old mon's midway though the game, especially after finding most of the new Pokemon not as interesting as the old ones.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM

Jung Yunho is actually not a flopJung Yunho is actually not a flopJung Yunho is actually not a flop

I haven't played BW so far, but the idea itself sounds good to me.

At least, I think the game staff should work on pushing the new Pokémon a bit more forward instead of having players rely so much on previous generations. So far until Platinum, I noticed that minus the Pidgey-like bird that shows up in every generation, the furry brown thingy that turns out to be a HM slave and a few other Pokémon, you didn't have THAT much choice at the beginning in terms of native Pokémon. The stronger ones often appear later when you probably already have a main team.

Yes the Geodude, Ghastly and Abra line are useful, but if there aren't any real alternatives, this is what some players will get back to. At least I've found myself building up a main team around Geodude and Kadabra from gen. I to IV more than once, simply because they were so useful, especially around the early parts of the game.

Also, Zubats are annoying. The only reason why I tend to dislike the idea going into a cave before even getting into a cave is because of the amount of Zubats/Golbats that I'm going to run into.=.=

However, it would be nice to let older Pokés appear later, ex. after the National Dex rather than having to rely on trades.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Mawaru Chikyuu Rondo~

Frostagin is a budding flower xo
Send a message via twitter to Frostagin

It was interesting, and provided a nice challenge seeing as I didn't automatically know things such as typing and evolutions.

However, it does get kinda annoying how it's only Unova Pokčmon throughout most of the region even after you get the National Dex.

I doubt you wanna hear me complaining about availability and personal stuff, but if you wanna, just click that little spoiler button there.

( Click to show/hide )
And the fact that I'm trying to make a Hetalia-based team and I can't due to Canada being a Pidgeotto, England being a Charizard, and France being a Ninetales. I can't make the team in an earlier game either because America is a Braviary. And I won't have access to two DSes for a while, so I can't transfer from Soulsilver. And I can't use the GTS because I want to nickname these guys. ARGH.
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM
wayward son

Valoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the DivineValoo the Divine

I thought it was a great move on their part. It was so refreshing to go through the game without facing the same old Pokemon. It made new routes much more exciting when all of the Pokemon to be found there were new ones, and not some Machop or something.

It was a good move from a marketing perspective, too. Advertise that BW has no old Pokemon, and then when BW2 comes around, use the inclusion of old Pokemon as a selling point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgaluna View Post
Yes I did copied that I didnt know what to put sooo.
3DS: 3222-5690-2461
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:35 PM
when life was easy

Spike is gaining experienceSpike is gaining experience

I liked it, I guess. Well I don't pretty much care about it. XD But it gives the game a little excitement because you won't know which Pokémon will appear~
Old July 7th, 2012, 08:58 PM
The world is quiet here.

Nightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the LegendaryNightwing the Legendary
Send a message via AIM to Nightwing Send a message via Skype™ to Nightwing

I thought it was exciting to see all the new pokemon. And it also was a nice surprise when I found the old pokemon after the story :3
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM
directions unclear

Glace has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Glace

I thought it was a good and reasonable idea because it forced you to see what new Pokemon have been introduced and helps you find new favorites and whatnot. Sometimes throughout the game, though, I did wish that I could have caught an older generation Pokemon for more convenience and such.
Old July 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
the Serum of Truth

Veritaserum is a budding flower xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eridan View Post
I thought it was a good and reasonable idea because it forced you to see what new Pokemon have been introduced and helps you find new favorites and whatnot. Sometimes throughout the game, though, I did wish that I could have caught an older generation Pokemon for more convenience and such.
It depends: while nice oldbies are simply OK, overpowered ones (and by 'overpowered', it doesn't necessarily means to be OP in competitive battling, but storyline completion ) may induce players to simply use them and ignoring the new options.

Anyway, this thing (no oldbies before the storyline is completed) is, IMHO, a good move on their part. With nothing but new pokemons to use, a player have to compose teams with new (spare)parts, and, along with it, hone their creativity.... ^^

Last edited by Veritaserum; July 20th, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: rephrasing
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:02 PM
BLACKLIGHT

phlogiston is gaining experiencephlogiston is gaining experience
Send a message via AIM to phlogiston Send a message via MSN to phlogiston

To an extent, I actually did like it; it sort of did feel like they were going for a reboot, at least to a degree. In the end, though, I think I kinda missed Zubat.